Mt Vernon NON AE Controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Titon

Nov 12, 2020
Braham, Mn
Hello All. I have an older Mt Vernon unit that I replaced the controller board on last year because the unit would not drop pellets for more than 30 seconds on it's initial startup. I still have that problem unless I unplug the stove and let the unit reset without power. Once I plug the unit in the stove starts dumping pellets normally for nearly 60 seconds to give the unit enough fuel to properly start. After the stove runs through it's cycle and starts again later on it reverts to only dumping for 30 seconds again. I have no idea what is going on.

Has anyone had this happen? I don't want to replace the controller again if i don't have to but i am at a loss as to what is causing the unit not do drop normally.

Thoughts?