Mt. Vernon OE vs AE blower replacement part.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Edrrt

Nov 19, 2019
Sonoma
I got a second Mt. Vernon in great shape off CL for $200. Owner was replacing it because it wasn't working.

Found the snap disc tripped because there was a lolypop stem jamming the convection blower. It got chewed up. The fan fins I noticed do not spin freely like my other stove. They make 2 revolutions and stop.

Stove runs fine now but I feel the blower is a little louder compared to my other Mt. Vernon.

Looking for a replacement it seems SRV7000-108 is most available with after market options and is said to be quieter than the oem.

However one site said this is only for the AE models and the OE may overheat due to the blower cups being shaped differently and to use SRV7000-758 on the OE models.

On Amazon several people have said they are using the 108 on their OE without problems and like it as it is quieter.

To my eye the shape looks the same.

Does the 108 move less air than the 758 which is why it sounds quieter but causes some to overheat?

Is this all rumor? Can anyone confirm the 108 will work? Or reccomend a quiet AM part.

Anyone ever find a motor only replacement part or that oiling it actually was worth the effort?

If anyone knows the beta is appreciated!

Pop the dust shields and oil the bearings. Issue solved.

For 200 bucks I'd be looking real hard at the firebox. It probably had the bags run out of it and little care. I'd take a hard look at the integrity of the firebox.

Looked at a ton of stoves on various sites like Facebook Marketplace and CL and most of them are really rough and were run very hard.

Pop the dust shields and oil the bearings. Issue solved.

For 200 bucks I'd be looking real hard at the firebox. It probably had the bags run out of it and little care. I'd take a hard look at the integrity of the firebox.

Looked at a ton of stoves on various sites like Facebook Marketplace and CL and most of them are really rough and were run very hard.
How do I look at the integrity of the firebox?

I've taken the whole thing apart and given it a deep cleaning, disassembling everything all the way through the through the exhaust blower. Everything looked pretty good. The stick in the convection blower was the only issue I saw. The integrity of all the plates and metal all seems fine

Attached is a pic of the fire pot.

The outside looks immaculate and so I figure if I have to replace some things its still prob worth it? 20210309_153103.jpg20210309_152941.jpg

Get yourself a cheap endoscope that plugs into your cell phone and look over the inside of the firebox, I think they cost about 20 bucks on Amazon. I also think I'd pull the burn pot and soak it in warm water for 30 minutes or so and get the carbon out of it (see my thread on that I posted the other day).

Get yourself a cheap endoscope that plugs into your cell phone and look over the inside of the firebox, I think they cost about 20 bucks on Amazon. I also think I'd pull the burn pot and soak it in warm water for 30 minutes or so and get the carbon out of it (see my thread on that I posted the other day).
I have a borescope. Where am I putting it and what am I looking for? I will try to find your other thread on the carbon buildup.

Look for cracked welds and warping. The cast iron pot assembly is removable but will require a new gasket when reinstalling. As far as the motor goes, you want a motor that has the same specs as the original hp, amp, rpm, rotation.

Last edited:
Look for cracked welds and warping. The cast iron pot assembly is removable but will require a new gasket when reinstalling. As far as the motor goes, you want a motor that has the same specs as the original hp, amp, rpm, rotation.
Especially in the corners and around the top and around the door opening