Multiple Error Codes on Mt. Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeS

Feeling the Heat
Jan 25, 2008
Maryland
Well I came home to a cold house and worse than that the propane has kicked on! Mt. Vernon Insert shut down and showed (3) error codes:
COMB BLOWER OVER 1
CONV BLOWER OVER 1
MAX DROP TUBE TEMP

Tried to reset and wouldn't, finally just switched the power off and rebooted. I have her back up and running now but can anyone tell me what could have caused this?

I am getting ready to call my dealer as well.

Thanks! JoeS

the convection blower is probally bad or there is a bad connection. the max drop tube error was caused by the convection blower not working wich then shut the stove off to prevent the stove from over heating. call the dealer and have them check and maybe change the convection blower.

The convection blower was just changed and right now it is running fine. I am wondering if it could have been caused by the high winds we had here today? Negative pressure or not enough draft? I am searching here I just don't know.

Nothing to do with it the convection blower would not be affected by the wind the stove it self should not be it is a most it is a issue with the blower or the conections to it

Thanks, I have a call into the dealer now and will let you know the outcome.

good luck there was a bad bunch of convection blower wireing harness issue i would have them look at that as well not just the blower

How do you like your Mt vernon otherwise? I called stove dealer today and they steered me away from it. They told me there just having too many problems. He also said its being made or the parts are in China (hope not). he said get a Harmon.

The stove itself is great, the heat it cranks out is exceptional. I am heating an area in excess of 3,500 sq/ft and the stove is up to the task. I did have issues with the stove initially but I must admit that my dealer and Quadrafire have been there to resolve these problems. The stove is made in Washington and I don't know about any parts made in China. Harman also makes a good product and Harman by the way is now owned by the same company that owns Quadrafire.

Thanks Joe,

I'm going to give it a second look. I really like the way it looks in willow. I do need more heat than my current unit is putting out.

the mt vernon is not made in china the stove is to smart for its own good sometimes and can be either absolutely wonderfull or a complete nightmare i would not buy one this season if i was you steve

Well it happened again, Mt. Vernon AE Insert shut down but this time only showed (2) and not (3) error codes:

COMB BLOWER OVER 1
CONV BLOWER OVER 1
MAX DROP TUBE TEMP (This one didn't appear this time)

Tried to reset and wouldn't, finally just switched the power off and rebooted. I have her back up and running now. Both times this has happened is when it has been windy with the winds coming from the west to south west. I don't know if there is a relation or not it is just something I noticed!

Status
Not open for further replies.