muti fuel pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie

Jul 16, 2008
Northern California
I can use some help. My husband and I moved into a house which has a pellet stove. If we have a power outage - we will have no heat. Does anyone know of a pellet stove which can burn firewood in addition to pellets. My husband thinks we should hook a car or marine battery up for additional power if power goes out. Also, with the price of pellets, we have quite a bit of wood around here that we could burn in addition to pellets. I'm wondering if I can get some advice. Thank you.

All of the pellet stoves require power so the type of fuel has little to do with your lack of electric problem.

Buy a small generator and/or set up a battery bank plus inverter to power the stove.

Many folks have both a wood stove and a pellet stove so that they can burn whichever fuel they find easier/cheaper at the time. I like that concept even more than a generator.

OH, as far as battery backup for the existing unit, you can get a powerful computer UPS if you want a couple hours - or an inverter and marine battery for perhaps more....depends on the wattage of the stove.

Here is an inverter made for that:
http://www.stovesentry.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.