My experience w/ pelletsales.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnkywrnch

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2008
Baldwinville ma
So I unloaded my 3 ton of Lg's into my shed on the last skid I noticed one of the bags had a good sized hole in it, the outter wrap was taped over the hole , the pellets were not wet just spilling out,then I found a second bag with a small hole,the pellets are still usable,so I called pelletsales to let them know about it the girl I spoke to was very nice and gave a 2 bag credit,and I still get to keep the ripped bags of pellets.I know its a small issue but they dealt with it like it was huge!Kudos to pelletsales.

My first experience with PelletSales has been a good one. The driver called me on Wed.,(my scheduled delivery day), and told me about a problem he was having w/ his truck, and could he deliver the next day? I had already been home one day waiting for the delivery, so I told him it would have to be very early before I went to work. He said "whatever time you want, I'll be there".

I told him 6:30 am, and he was here at 6:25, slid the 3 tons into the shed, and the other one next to the basement door.....no ripped bags, everything good. He apologized at least 3 times, and was done and on his way in about 15 min.

All in all, a good experience. If they have competitive prices again next year, and I can't find anything cheaper close to home, I'll be buying from them again.

Hi macman ,I dont think pelletsales ripped the bag must of happend in transit to them and for me they definetly were the most competative out this at 272 a ton deliverd.I still see places in cetral ma trying to get 300 to 325 a ton.I saw a sign on the highway this afternoon coming home from work which was written on 3 tons of pellets (325 TN C.A.C)that seems to be alot for cash and carry,but I am like you mac as I am now searching for some good deals on pellets,still need 1 to 1.5 ton. sorry for the rant.

I've used Pelletsales.com last year and this year. We've had nothing but good experiences with them. Their prices fluctuate (pays to plan ahead), but they've actually given me better than list price because I had scheduled but not finalized a purchase. Their service is top notch, they sell quality products and their prices are quite reasonable. All in all, a great outfit.

Lots of positive feedback about them on this forum.

I bought from them last year and would buy from them again.

This year I bought locally instead, only because they were not offering my
favorite brand and I found a deal I couldn't pass up.

BTU said:
tinkabranc said:
Lots of positive feedback about them on this forum.

I bought from them last year and would buy from them again.

This year I bought locally instead, only because they were not offering my
favorite brand and I found a deal I couldn't pass up.

5.2 tons already stored for the winter...that might just be 4 pallets of 65 bags each...think I know that brand..!!

I bet you do ;-)

First year using pelletsales.com (woodpellets.com) and was a good experience. Ordered my pellets in may and they were delivered last month. No problems at all, the truck was there when they said they would be. The trucker forked them right were I wanted them. Only one bag torn...no big deal. I will use them again next year. The convience of shopping from the computer is great. Life is too busy to run around looking for the right brand, right store......etc. Super premium pellets are a huge plus. Maybe I can get some of those worlds greatest pellets from them next year that BTU talks about!!

I also was hoping that Pelletsales.com would offer Okanagan pellets next season.

How about it BTU? Can you strike a deal with them.

BTU,

We certainly appreciate the dealer support we get from CP. Super Premium pellets sell themselves and having a good supply from CP makes our job easier.

As for Pellet Sales. com, just ask where they store the pellets waiting for delivery. Most people feel when they order pellets they get them from New Hampshire. As a matter of fact if you order pellets in southern Ct you get them from an outdoor lot at a used car dealer. PS is doing a wonderful job with their customer service and ordering as read on this forum. As a dealer of high quality pellets that are stored in an indoor facility we try an educate our customer in the differences between the grades of pellets available. Ordering online is OK- you just have to make sure you know the quality of product you purchase and the care of the product being delivered. I read once hear that PS sends a check for the broken or damaged bags. A local dealer doesn't give a check - they give you the product you paid for.

.......... We have focused a lot of attention; effort and money trying to produce some of the finest pellets available on the market today and feel we want dealers that understand that and can bring added knowledge to a consumer to assist in their buying decision.

This might be the weak link. I've only looked into a few dealers' places, but they don't seem to be ready to explain why one pellet is better than another. Does "dealer gets educated" translate into "dealer makes the sales pitch for pellet brand x"? The dealers seem to have two or three pellets at slightly different prices and so don't push their best product over their other brands.

I'm not in the business, so I may be all wet.

At our shop, we educate our customers on the differences in the pellets. We make the same mark up on all brands so we don't push a certain brand. What we do, is try and get the customer to purchase the best pellet they can afford. We have low grade premium, middle of the road and Super premium. IMO - the super premiums we sell, Dragon Mountain and Okanagan out perform the other pellets in High BTU's over 8600, and very little ash .3%. I just want our customers to be extremely pleased with their purchase and have no reason to complain when the pellet they bought fails to perform as they thought it would.

At the end of the day- buy the hottest and cleanest pellet you can find and you will not be disappointed. As the old saying goes - you get what you pay for OR Buyer beware.

pelletdude, sounds like a fair way to keep your customers happy.

agree...we just need fair priced eduacated places to get our heating fuel from.

I just got my 2.6 tons today. The process couldn't have been easier and the Cleanfire Premiums were packaged very well.

I couldnt agree more. I have been to many shops up and down Maine and some in NH....and alot it seems that whichever is the "pellet" of the day(whatever they have in stock) seems to be the best pellet around(in their eyes). lol. I've been burning long enough to realize the difference....

And the business about the $$ the pellet the better for the stove they are kinda hits a sour note with me.....your maint. of the stove is the most important issue for long lasting stove life. I know a few people that have had their stoves for 20+ years...they were burning when very very few were and you couldnt get a bag of pellets on every corner so they would get crap pellets....but they just dealt with them cause they had to. Thank God we have a choice now...makes life so much better :)

Keep on distributing BT! :)

BTU said:
Stentor said:
pelletdude, sounds like a fair way to keep your customers happy.

The industry could learn a thing or two from pelletdude........

Status
Not open for further replies.