My new FPX-36 zero clearance wood stove with pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcucuzza

Sep 29, 2014
Georgia
After lots of research on this site I decided that in our new hearth room we had to go with the fireplace extraordinaire 36. The faceplate was installed today and so I wanted to show off some pics. I built the mantel and did the brick work. The actual hearth is one solid piece of limestone. Thanks for looking!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome.

Beautiful. That room is gonna be a favorite hangout this winter.

Reactions: Mcucuzza
+1, super job and good choice. The hearth is gorgeous and will be a popular winter sitting area. Welcome and thanks for posting.

What a first post! _g That's just flat-out awesome. What comes next? 30 cords split by hand? 40x40 woodshed built from hand-sawn lumber made from your own trees? ;)

Thanks! Well I live just outside of Atlanta, so the fireplace is already overkill, but I am about to build a wood shed and already have a couple of cords split and covered, by hand. This was a 6 month project that was supposed to take three, but I did everything but pore the concrete for this room and could not be prouder of it.

Great job and it gets cold in Jawja.

Enjoy.

Oh goodness that is lovely! Excellent work - definitely something to be proud of!

Thank you all again for the warm response and welcome. Here are a few photos from the rest of the project.
IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3105.JPG IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3105.JPG IMG_3108.JPG IMG_3120.JPG IMG_3124.JPG IMG_3126.JPG IMG_3132.JPG IMG_3158.JPG IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3105.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.