My wife is into scrounging now..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary_602z

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2009
Lake Odessa,MI
She found a nice 12-14 inch Black Walnut monday morning on her way to work. Unfortunately she found it when she slid off the road and into the tree totaling her car! :shut: She is fine just a couple of think bumps and a tiny scratch. The tree,mailbox and car didn't fair to well though!

Now she is shopping around for a new vehicle (she will hate having a car payment again)!

She is looking at a new Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain anybody have one or something similar?

Gary

Gary_602z said:
She found a nice 12-14 inch Black Walnut monday morning on her way to work. Unfortunately she found it when she slid off the road and into the tree totaling her car! :shut: She is fine just a couple of think bumps and a tiny scratch. The tree,mailbox and car didn't fair to well though!

Now she is shopping around for a new vehicle (she will hate having a car payment again)!

She is looking at a new Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain anybody have one or something similar?

Gary

Get a Chevy Equinox... & then get a Hearthstone Equinox, so your vehicle & stove have the same name! lol

Gary_602z said:
Unfortunately she found it when she slid off the road and into the tree totaling her car!

Bet the tree never even had the courtesy to fall over into nice easy to carry lengths ;-)

That is how my wife does her deer hunting. It is way more expensive than what any guys I know spend on deer hunting.

Gary that does not sound good but I'm glad she is okay.

We have looked at a few new vehicles and I do like the Equinox. It has some good size to it and rides decently. Perhaps the best is that it still gets good gas mileage. We really like the Buick Enclave but the price is much higher so if we buy one it will probably be the Equinox.

For us it is difficult to give up on our Pontiac Vibe as we average over 36 mpg. True it is getting some age (7 years) but there is nothing wrong with it so, with the price of gas being what it is and no relief in sight, I think we'll keep the Vibe.

Backwoods Savage said:

We have looked at a few new vehicles and I do like the Equinox. It has some good size to it and rides decently. Perhaps the best is that it still gets good gas mileage. We really like the Buick Enclave but the price is much higher so if we buy one it will probably be the Equinox.

For us it is difficult to give up on our Pontiac Vibe as we average over 36 mpg. True it is getting some age (7 years) but there is nothing wrong with it so, with the price of gas being what it is and no relief in sight, I think we'll keep the Vibe.

Seven years old....Wow I must drive Dinosaurs as both of our vehicles are over 10 years old and still going strong. That Vibe is essentially a Toyota with a Pontiac name so it's good to go for another 10 years or so keep on driving it. I had a Corolla that I sold with 235,000 miles on it and never did anymore than change the fluids and regular maintenance.

Ya, half the stuff in that car is marked as Toyota. I believe they were even made in the Toyota plant. Funny, when we got ours there were few to be seen. Now there are lots and lots of them on the road. And wouldn't you know, Pontiac is one brand they discontinued.

Backwoods Savage said:

LOL... we are in the same boat. have a Toyota Matrix and wanted an Equinox (seemed to be the best bang for the buck) but the Matrix is still running fine.

Yea ours was a 2004 Toyota Camry and I hate to say it but it was the best car we ever had as far as reliability. 135,000 and only had to do brakes and tires. I was real happy with the insurance settlement on it (10,700) so that will cover a down payment,but jeez new cars are getting expensive!! Did I ever tell you I hate car salesman! :)

Gary

Gary, consider buying direct through the Internet. I talked to a fellow a couple days ago who bought a new car and they delivered it right to his door. He was very happy and bought it a lot less than he could get locally.

Look at a ford escape such a nice suv and peppy!!! Look at a ford 500 best value for the buck on the market today... and 29mpg

Intheswamp said:
I'm glad to hear that your wife is ok. I suggest she get a 1-ton with a stake body. ;)

Ed

Too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.