Napoleon 1450M -vs- Banff 1400CP -vs- S4

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dalearyous

Nov 21, 2018
it seems like all three of these models have roughly the same dimensions just in different configurations. The 1450M seems like your barebones workhorse, the S4 is a slightly newer looking model with a few small upgrades (handle, hinges, ash drawer etc), and then the Banff is the premium looking model. im sticking with the brand because a friend is a dealer.

does anyone have any experience with the S4 or Banff? i have found information on the 1450 since it has been around for a while.

my setup: i have a double side see through bricked in fireplace/chimney almost dead center of the home, mostly on slab. i need supplemental heat during certain times of the year when the heat pumps can't keep up and i would also like to lower the electric bill. house is right at 3k square feet. in a perfect world i would tear it down and install a Tulikivi but that is not the cards right now.

can someone throw their 2 cents in making this decision. originally, since it is the centerpeice of the home i was going to spring for the nicer looking model (Banff) but now im wondering if i would like the S4 or the 1450 better because it is higher off the ground and would fill in the opening better.

Variations on a theme. Is Napoleon your only choice?

i would like the S4 or the 1450 better because it is higher off the ground and would fill in the opening better.

Where is the stove going, in a fireplace?

I get the best price on Napoleons.

Stove is going inside the double side see through fireplace. See below. Former owners burned coal.

fire1.jpg

fire2.jpg