natures comfort boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed and started mine 2 weeks ago. First OWB ... still fussing with it and having some problems with fire going out .. think that is weather related though .. not cold enough to kick on often enough to keep the fire going. I have pics if you wnat and would love to compare notes [email protected]

steve

I have a NC 250 which was installed about a month ago. It is 180 feet from my house running through insulated 1" lines.
It is heating a 3200 ft home (1600 x 2 levels) and is performing very well. It has forced air induction running on an aquastat.
The water entering my home is usually 160F which runs through an air handler and is also mixed down for my slab heat.

I fill it twice daily and, with the draft blower on, you cannot see smoke. Only when the aquastat is satisfied do you see the smoke wisping.

I am trying to figure out the proper chimney height to get the smoke going the proper way when I open the door. Still testing. I am at 8' now and will be going higher soon.

All in all a good experience. The company was very good to deal with.

I was this close to buying a Garn (so much so that I poured a pad and built a building for it).....except the incompetents at Garn did not return my calls.
This was after they promised my 2000 unit was in the production queue. To this day, I have never heard back from them.
Maybe they are making too much money to sell another unit.

I would have still preferred a Garn, but hey.... I am about $8000 richer......and I have it installed and burning......not just dreaming about it....!

we also were trying to purchase a garn and they never got back to us and were terrible as far as customer service was concerned. so we went with a local dealer and got out orlan eko picked it up ourselves and we were rolling. We did have a professional install the unit and there were some small issues getting some valves or something from poland but other than that the whole experience went well. And it was a whole lot cheaper than the garn and I dont have to go outside to load and its not the size of a nasa space capsule. All in all I would highly recomend a eko 25 we run without storage and it heats our whole house with no issue at all and we are not burnign crazy amounts of wood either. I am guessing we are going to be going through 6-7 cords this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.