Near, far, wherever you are, I believe that the heart does go on.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
So, here in NE, we got a few inches coated on the driveway, no problem, we figure we will shovel after breakfast.

Walked out, only to found a 4 x 3' chuck of solid ice.
No luck with breaking it up with shovel.
Looking for hammer, couldn't find it.

Then the light bulb went off.

Last week, I shoveled a path to my pile, big enough area cleared out for splitting a few logs in the frigid
weather, only to find out, the X27 can't bite as the edge / core were frozen, even though they were well covered
from the element.

Where is my 8lb Hart sledgehammer, hmmmm?

She broke them up like nothing, in about two mins, the sucker broken up in manageable pieces,
and stress level from getting yelled at from work TC totally melted away.

Ah....I love wood splitting / iceberg smashing....

Reactions: Zombie
Funny you mention this, I am grateful to have a job at times like these, but it's overly and unnecessarily stressful.

I do rinse off in cold water before getting out of shower, but not at -10, haha.

I am sure I am not feeling the full effect of 5 mins in my shower, but I can totally appreciate what she means.....

"It is such an intense, life affirming experience that those couple of minutes are all you need to completely reset, clear your mind and be on a high for the rest of the day"