Nearly 100 used pellet stoves for sale on Craigslist ,western Ma.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wished a decent seat for one wasn't $400. The Madass needs a better seat too. Surgeon threatening work on bottom side if not careful.

Wished a decent seat for one wasn't $400. The Madass needs a better seat too. Surgeon threatening work on bottom side if not careful.

The seat on my 08 isn't bad and if you add a Wallyworld whoopee cushion, it's fantastic. I get numbutt from every bike I have after a while anyway. Best mod I made was ditching the stock (no dampening) shock and replacing it with a Bielstein.

Last edited:
Chinese KLRs? Anyone have an example of one?

Lets localize it a bit.... Built in Taiwan ROC You'll find a lot of bikes built there besides Kawasaki's. Yamaha, Honda and Triumph have plants there. Labor is cheap, profit is maximized.

And 100 smart ass comments as well.
Stick around next fall, try to contribute to those 100, and THEN eat your foul words. Until then,...................

Looks to me like comment nunber 54, not 100.

I thought TJ's comment was funny and truthful. Kinda hit the nail on the head.

And yes, the KLR's are screwed together in Taiwan. That's why you have to go over the bikes with Loc-Tite. The KLR's are good at everything and great at nothing. Another plus is you can haul bags of pellets on them. I know I could get 4 bags on mine easily. A bag in each saddle box and two on the rear rack. Maybe I'll do that and post a picture.

Hey, if members here are hauling pellets in Porsche Boxters then I'd say a bike is fair game too. LOL! I just can't see 12 plus trips for a ton. I go for the one and done whether I pay for delivery of 7 tons or hook up the big equipment trailer and play go fetch.

if Lowe's or TSC doesn't get Somersets this year I'll be going for a drive and buy direct. What stinks is Somerset won't sell them any cheaper than the big boxes even if you roll into their facility. Or so I was told by them last fall. Not sure if those rules change in spring or early summer.

Last edited:
Well, they aren't (I made a mistake, like I never do.......) They are assembled in Thiland with parts mainly produced in Japan. I have no idea where Thiland is actually..... 5 rice paddies to the south of somewhere I suspect.

KLR's do,do one thing well, they start reliably. Don't like the color scheme on the new ones. Too much black.... and too pricey, $6500 USD is too much for a lawnmower.

I have to agree on the 'do nothing well' for the most part comment.

People getting antsy herte (or needing the money) as our local CL is listing just under 75 stoves, all in various stages of disrepair, all for inflated prices.....sheesh.

I'm coming out with a new multi-fuel unit next year. It burns free fuel! It will run on idiots, morons, and jackazzes. No foreseen fuel shortage anytime soon. Any takers?
Man, you have a huge market in and around D.C.! AND any state that voted for the One Who Shall Not Be Named.

The seat on my 08 isn't bad and if you add a Wallyworld whoopee cushion, it's fantastic. I get numbutt from every bike I have after a while anyway. Best mod I made was ditching the stock (no dampening) shock and replacing it with a Bielstein.
Speaking of butt-numb, in the mid-sixties I had a Ducati Diana 300cc single cylinder vibrating MOTHER with a narrow seat. I decided to take it on a 700 mile journey of adventure before going in the Service. My butt was so sore that I stood up for half the trip even with anything I could find stuffed under the seat covering! The little beast would scream at 10K rpm but you paid for it with blisters!

Yea, I know!!!!! Off topic but what do you expect? Nothing else constructive to talk about since everyone's burning oil or NG!

Propain now getting reports of $1.29 or less. Have to sharpen pencil and see where break even is over other biofuels. Bring in bigger tank and enjoy not working so hard at making heat.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
At a buck 29, it's hard to believe it wouldn't be cheaper. According to my comparison chart, even with an old 78% efficient furnace, you would break even with $250 a ton pellets.

A buck 29 and we could use it to extract hash oil.......lol

One nice thing about a central furnace in any gaseous fuel is convenience. With priced that low, the bio-fuel market will tank (play on words there)....

Speaking of butt-numb, in the mid-sixties I had a Ducati Diana 300cc single cylinder vibrating MOTHER with a narrow seat. I decided to take it on a 700 mile journey of adventure before going in the Service. My butt was so sore that I stood up for half the trip even with anything I could find stuffed under the seat covering! The little beast would scream at 10K rpm but you paid for it with blisters!

Yea, I know!!!!! Off topic but what do you expect? Nothing else constructive to talk about since everyone's burning oil or NG!

60's Itallian bikes were noted for Naughyde covered wood plank seats and unrelaible engines, but, Ducks were still cool. I alwas thought that Ducati and the makers of preperation H were in cahoots....

Candidly, I haven't turned my stove off yet. It's idling along waiting for the next cold snap or tun out of fuel, whatever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.