Need a burner for my new boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hello,
I picked up a Buderus G115-4 yesterday. It is a brand new, open box unit that a homeowner bought and changed plans outside the return window. I'd like to figure out which burner to get for it.
My old system has a Becket and I've been servicing it myself for the past 15 years. I'm just a homeowner that likes to do as much as I can. Wondering if I'd be able to work on Riello? In which case which is the correct Riello model for my boiler?

Thanks!

If you're familiar with the process and have the right parts, I don't see why not. Although I would recommend trying to get the service manual for the burner.

Could you take the Beckett off your old unit and put it on the new one? I did that with a Yukon Wood/coal/oil/gas furnace when I bought it...it came with a gas burner in it, I wanted oil, so when I took my old oil furnace out I just kept the Beckett burner and set it up to how it needed to be to work in the Yukon...didn't use it that much (the oil that is) but it did work out well. When I sold it they wanted both burners with it too. (something about possibly getting free gas in the future)

A Beckett burner is a Beckett burner... Except that the whole length of the main tube can vary a lot, both forward of the mount plate and backwards from the mount plate, and nozzle patterns can vary a whole lot, in terms of width and reach of the flame... Which makes the whole situation something that isn't always even approximately "bolt and go" taking one off of one make/model of combustion appliance and installing on another, or something that is only a nozzle swap. Sometimes the differences may not matter, and swaps may be fine, other times you could be operating at inefficiencies or even hazards. And I assume the same is true of Riellos, though I've not worked on a Riello. I'd say, sounds like you got a bargain on a very high quality boiler, don't cheap out on fitting it up properly with the right burner.