Need burn pot for older Whitfield Advantage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

byron51

Dec 16, 2017
washington
The burn pot on my 25 year old Whitfield Advantage is about shot. I cannot find a burn pot that looks like it online. It has a lot of holes in it; no bars...see attached photo. Do I need to buy a newer burn pot with an adaptor kit? If so, which one?
Thanks,
Byron

Attachments

• IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 181
Ssyko-Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately, I need a burn pot that has "sides." See attached photo. The link you kindly provided takes me to a burn pot with no "sides."
Thanks,
Byron

Attachments

• IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 136
Never saw the old one with the sides on it. Could that have been added ?

Last edited:
Byron Is that the original OEM burn pot. Did you buy the stove new?

Byron Is that the original OEM burn pot. Did you buy the stove new?
Ssyko/Butkis-Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments. No, I did not buy the stove new. I have had it for about 25 years. So I assume the burn pot is original and about 25 years old. I have repaired the burn pot for the last couple of years, but it is time to replace it. It looks like the "kit" which includes an adaptor plate and a burn pot is the way to go. My concern is that I would like to get the correct kit the first time and avoid sending it back and forth to the store. How can I be sure I am ordering the correct kit?