Need Help With an Englander 25 PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

greenbus77

Mar 15, 2017
Fremont, NH
We have a 25 PDVC that was built in 2008 and last night we blew the fuse. We figured out why the fuse blew and fixed it and replaced the fuse. Well this morning when I had time to start the stove back up It is dumping so many pellets in the burn pot and the flames are huge. I set it to shut down just after it started and I noticed the flames and the amount of pellets it was feeding. In shut down mode the top auger is supposed to stop feeding and it continues to feed so I am not quite sure what is going on with this stove. The bottom three buttons were set to the 6-4-1 and i set them to 4-4-1 thinking that it would slow the rate of feed but it has not. It took almost 2 hours to try to shut down and then I scooped all of the pellets out of the hopper inorder to force it to shut down. Any thoughts would be helpful. We are expecting many snow storms this week in the north east and would love to have my home nice and toasty warm. Thanks

Tell us what blew the fuse, it may be relevant. It may have taken out something in the control, perhaps the auger triac. If it shorted the auger would run continuously. If you can solder on a circuit board, it's an easy and cheap fix.

Tell us what blew the fuse, it may be relevant. It may have taken out something in the control, perhaps the auger triac. If it shorted the auger would run continuously. If you can solder on a circuit board, it's an easy and cheap fix.
My husband moved the stove to clean the pipe and when he moved it back chaffed a wire. Fixed that immediately and then replaced the fuse. That may be the problem a continuously running auger. I will take a look at that and see if it looks like it is working correctly.

Well thank you that was quick and easy the top auger which is supposed to pause is continuously spinning so I guess we have figured out the problem. Makes sense because I knocked the feed back to 2 and still feeding a ton of pellets. We had been looking at replacing the stove and now it may happen sooner rather than later. Thanks Again!!

It would be a lot cheaper to repair the board than replace the stove. Even if you want to replace the stove anyway, it would sell for more if it worked properly. Your money, your call. Good luck either way!

Reactions: Ssyko
greenbus77 i sent a PM

It would be a lot cheaper to repair the board than replace the stove. Even if you want to replace the stove anyway, it would sell for more if it worked properly. Your money, your call. Good luck either way!
Thanks just ordered the control panel and will repair so when we upgrade in the near future it can go to our daughter in great working order. Thanks again for your help.

greenbus77 i sent a PM
I have cleaned it the same for the past 12 years and has worked great for us. The top auger is just not going into that hesitation mode so that it does not send all the pellets into the stove at once. Instead the auger is running constantly and sending more pellets than can fit in the burn pot. Thanks.

Lol thats my signature to make sure ppl think, your the second person this year to actually answer it. I had sent you a private message is what i posted;)

Lol thats my signature to make sure ppl think, your the second person this year to actually answer it. I had sent you a private message is what i posted;)
Got ya. only saw the second message. Trying to get this thing situated pretty quick. We are supposed to be getting a few storms over the next week and a half and we have become so accustom to our home being in the Mid 70"s that till it is fixed it will be in the mid 60's I am sure no one in my family will be impressed for the coming days until it is fixed.