Need help with my USSC Bayfront model 5660

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sigmark

Nov 25, 2019
ohio
I have a 5-6 year old 5660. I have to manually light for a couple of years, figure its igniter. The issue is, after turning off the stove by off button, it would shut down, fan would stop when cooled down. But, the blower fan (circulation fan) would come back on, sometime hours later, but not all the time. So I started unplugging it. Till next use. Upon plugging in for use, sometimes the fan would start up immediately (again, this is the circulation fan - the exhaust fan always seems to be doing its thing), but not always. But now, after manually lighting, and its burning for 10 or so minutes, the fan never comes on, stove feels pretty hot, then the 1 & 5 lights flash, and shuts off. The circulation fan never coming on. Same thing after several tries. Did a good cleaning on it today, it was needed. With renewed hope...same thing again. Help! We need heat. I read to jump or bypass some parts, but a bit unsure on how to do, especially would like to test the fan. Also, did noticed that the burn pot and a bit of a warp in the back side and a hairline crack. One more question, how important is the back 'brick' front, does have some significant wear. THANKS for any and all help.

1 and 5 are no fire, failed to start. Try jumping your proof of fire switch. If you jump switch you can also run test to see if blower is working without starting stove . Test directions below also u tube link to show you were the switch is. Remember unplug stove before you jump switch and make sure wire does not ground out on stove.

Error Codes and Display Indicators
1 & 2 Flashing red led Vacuum Error
1 & 5 Flashing red led Pellets failed to ignite
3 & 4 Flashing red led High Limit switch reset switch
Unit over heated reset switch
4 & 5 Flashing red led Low Limit switch
Auger jam
Hooper lid open

5660 Test
Make sure the unit is plugged in and turned ON. Press and Hold the Auger Trim and Heat Level keys for 3
seconds. Press the MODE button to advance through the test.
1. LEDs: ON/OFF, red/green (9 LEDs in total)
2. Key Function (press as fallows):
Key pressed LED response
Heat Level L1
Auger Trim L2
Fan L3
Auger L4
On/ Off L5
3. Convection Fan ON :( you must bypass the POF Disk to run this test)
4. Exhaust Fan ON: (no components bypassed for this set)
Open and Close the door to check vacuum switch
5. Igniter ON
6. Auger Motor ON:
Open and Close Hopper Lid to check Hopper Lid switch
7. Test complete

Proof of fire switch

Last edited:
I read to jump or bypass some parts, but a bit unsure on how to do

To jump the proof of fire switch unplug stove open side of stove were switch is unplug both wires from switch, attach wires together, make sure they do not touch any part of stove you may even want to tape them to make sure they do not ground out on stove. The correct way to connect is with a double male spaded wire jumper. Plug stove back in and run the above test or try to manual start stove like you have been. Remember you are only jumping this switch to see if it is the problem as a test not a permanent fix

male spaded jumper wire.jpg

Woke up this morning and the circulation fan was running and with the stove in the 'off' position, which has happened before. Fan went off as I started to manually light it, burned for 10-15 minutes, no fan, then flashing 1 &5 again.

Update --- since this reading the replies, went to check out the POF switch, just a slight touch it would trigger the fan on and off, unplugged stove and POF pretty much fell upon removal. Thinking this is a good starting point to start repairs.;) Now, I found a F140-20F on Amazon, but mine is a F140-10F ...Compatible ? Thanks ---- Any suggested links?

Last edited:
Last edited: