Need PAH Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
My TRPAH was running great, it's only acouple months old (refurb from AMFM Energy) this morning the blower just stopped, it continued to feed pellets. It did not give me a code. Please help for it's supposed to get real cold this week. Thanks to all

rom air blower stopped?
Yes room blower shut down, suddenly. I shut it down checked to see if thermal sensor was loose. Everything looked good, so I vacuumed out ash & restart it, it started up fine and blower kicked on as normal, so I left for work. What do you think this sudden stop of room blower could be attributed too. Stove is meticulously cleaned and new.

Likely that either there was poor connection on the thermal sensor and your checking it made better contact OR that snap disc wasn't getting hot enough to close and the cleaning allowed that to happen.

Your stove settings could play a part in this also if you're running fuel feed higher than factory setting but didn't encrease air also.

what settiong was the unit being run at for heat and blower speed? if the unit wasnt seeing enough heat on the sensor it could have shut the blower down, but it would probably have come back on after it warmed back up

what settiong was the unit being run at for heat and blower speed? if the unit wasnt seeing enough heat on the sensor it could have shut the blower down, but it would probably have come back on after it warmed back up
I was running on 2-2, it had been running on that setting all night. My lower 3 numbers are set at 3-3-1

well, thats a low setting but still shouldnt have dropped the temp sensor below AOT (155F) hmmmm.

note , the unit does not use snap disks as mentioned above, although many units do from other makers

well, thats a low setting but still shouldnt have dropped the temp sensor below AOT (155F) hmmmm.

note , the unit does not use snap disks as mentioned above, although many units do from other makers
I'm burning Turmans which I have been all winter, is it possible that therm sensor wire wasn't making a good contact & by me moving wire helped make a better contact?? I'm just real confused w/this issue. It started right up after a quick clean, like nothing had happened. I guess I'll see when I get home if it's still running...with a arctic blast coming I hope I can count on this stove to stand up to the chill

I'm burning Turmans which I have been all winter, is it possible that therm sensor wire wasn't making a good contact & by me moving wire helped make a better contact?? I'm just real confused w/this issue. It started right up after a quick clean, like nothing had happened. I guess I'll see when I get home if it's still running...with a arctic blast coming I hope I can count on this stove to stand up to the chill

it is kinda weird having it do this right out of the blue like that. keep me in the loop if it stopped running when you get back to it. if it stays off the stove would essentally reach the high limit and drop E-3 and shut down

Got home from work, stove was running as normal. I just hope it keeps on going, too new for any problems. It has done a great job thus far, never run it past 3-4 yet. I wonder if it was a thermal sensor wire that I jiggled & it made a better contact....

Status
Not open for further replies.