Need Something just not sure what????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PEI1

Hearth Supporter
Jun 27, 2008
Eastern Canada
Hello Everyone,

Just new to the site and have been reading alot of the posts, am finding everyone's opinions very informative.....I, like everyone else in the northern hemisphere, am looking for some type of alternate heat for my 2000sq ft two level home. I am finding it difficult to make a choice with so many out there, based on cost, efficiency, space, inside, outside.......in my local area gasifiers are few and far between and the ones that are available are relatively pricey....in the $8000+ range before taxes.....there are some local shops that sell Benjamin, Kerr, Biasi, Harmon inside boilers that range in price from $3200-$5600.......I don't have an existing building to put anything in presently but maybe in near future, not sure I have the space for water storage, would like to heat my DHW with unit, would like to know that there is support/service for unit that I buy.........just want to make a good sound purchase........any suggestions......CONFUSED!!!!

Are you looking to heat with pellets or wood? Pinnacle (traeger), LDJ Manuf. (A-MAIZE-ING heat), Tarm, Harmon, are all companies worth looking into. For outdoor - Central, Maxim, Taylor are just a few.

By the way, where in PEI? My family is from the northwestern side facing east.

Hey Jlm43, thanks for the reply......I am from the Eastern End of the Island.........I am definitely looking at burning wood, just not sure what type of boiler would be best for my situation.....I have looked at the GreenHorizon(Greenfire), have looked at Tarm, EKO, Econoburn, BioMax, all of which are considered gasifiers......I am also looking at the Harmon SF260 and a Biasi ( suppose to be gasifier, not sure??) these last 2 are quite a bit less than the gasifiers but like i said before, not sure which will be the best for me.......just wish I knew more about the boiler systems............I do know that I want to burn wood, I want to heat my domestic hot water, I dont care if the unit is outside or in(although it would seem more prudent to be outside)....would like to get the most bang for my buck and would like to have good service...I suppose that everyone would be the same....

There are some available at Corrigans. Biasi boilers I like them . There is only ! thing that they want them in a separate flue. I am also from PEI

Status
Not open for further replies.