Need to identify a wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

neuman1812

Oct 28, 2018
sutton, ma
Im looking to purchase a wood stove and came across what I think is a good deal. Before I head out, can someone help identify this model?

41669214_10205045407931375_3157531888684367872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

All I know is its a Heathstone, soapstone. But it appears to be an older model. The owner is not sure of the model number. Also looking to see if I can take the legs off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the back of the stove for a data plate.

If there isn't one, consider passing on the stove; you are likely to either have insurance problems or rediculous clearance requirements for installing it as an unlisted device. Maybe both.

Looks kind of like an old H1, but the door is not right. The H1 had a double door. I don't think it can be put in without the feet. I think there is an air supply tube underneath the H1.

Does this stove have a catalyst?

Last edited: