New Boiler Install Help Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyb

Jun 10, 2008
Upstate NY
Here's the situation:
New home construction, upstate NY.
I have HW baseboard installed 2nd floor, Staple up radiant tubing installed 1st floor.
New wood boiler sitting in detached garage with insulated 1" pex stubbed to garage.

I need to get things hooked up.
Looking for guidance on installation of pumps, valves, controls etc.
Is there a good reference around or anyone willing to offer some good advice?

Thanks for any help.

Check out the "simplest pressurized" stickly in the boiler room. It'll be a great start whether or not you plan on having storage. Second step should be to sketch up what you think your system will look like and post it here. Folks will review/comment. And welcome to the board....

I had a detached boiler with 1" supply / return piping and had limited hot water available during high demand times. This was solved by a priority zone switching relay. TACO makes one. You can only put so many BTU's down a 1" pipe. I'm not super qualified here but it seemed like a potential problem.

1" piping generally is good for 8 gpm's which is 80,000 btuh at delta-T = 20F.

Status
Not open for further replies.