New England pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a ton I haven't burnt yet, but I wish I had, since I can get them for $229/ton now. not sure if I want to bulk up without trying them.

I got some of those in early 2014. I've burned worse pellets, but I get better pellets (FSU's for one) for less $$ than NEWPs go for locally. I would term the NEWPs as a middling pellet as far as heat and ash go.

You should be able to find much better thZn Newps for $259. I have some in my stash but only because they came with a stove I bought. They'll be first in the stove once she calls for heat

I consider NEWP as garbage at this point in time. They seemed better a few years back. They were bought out a couple of years ago and things have changed. I live very close to where they are made and put them at the bottom of my list of choices. They give decent heat but are filthy imo. ymmv

They suck.....

What are everyone's thoughts on New England pellets? I found some for 259 till sept 15th
If they are the cheapest around, they burn just fine! If not, find the cheaper ones and burn the hell out of them!

Reactions: bogieb
I consider NEWP as garbage at this point in time. They seemed better a few years back. They were bought out a couple of years ago and things have changed. I live very close to where they are made and put them at the bottom of my list of choices. They give decent heat but are filthy imo. ymmv

I live near the plant, too, and they were once a preferred pellet and folks around here would burn nothing else, and that includes Green Supremes. Now, not so much.

These are the white bags, blue labels? Tractor Supply normally has them? Picked up 5 bags for $10 through Craigslist last month. I'm betting they're gonna burn just fine.

I believe the white bag with blue lettering at tsc are Maine woods and not NEWP

I believe the white bag with blue lettering at tsc are Maine woods and not NEWP

I think you're right...had a brain fart there. Again. This getting old sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.