New England Summers Heat 3000 keeping heat in the flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidoo33

Jan 12, 2012
leesport pa
I have a New England Summer's Heat 3000 add on woodstove, after the start up, then the intial burn, when i get to the secondary burn the temparture in the flue drop's between 300 degree's & 250 degree's. It only goes back up to 500 degree's if you restock. So after the intial burn i only get about an 1hr 1/2 in the good burn zone then right into the creosote zone .It usually hang's right around 300 degree's, I'm thinking it's because the blower never shuts off, and pull's the heat out of the flue. The blower motor kick's on at 125 degree's, and off at 95 degree's, so pretty much after it i start it kick's on. Anybody with any experience with these that knows how to keep the heat in the flue would be greatly appreciated.. Started using this stove in begining of january, already have to sweep the chimmney out.

How is your wood, is it seasoned properly? The drier the wood the easier is will be to maintain a hotter fire. When the fire gets down to the coaling stage, your flue temps may drop but there's little chance for creosote at that point. You may need to give the fire a little more air to maintain a cleaner burn. Watching your chimney will let you know.

my wood has been dried for about a year, i have stacked on pallet's outside, with tarp's covering it they are not the best quality so when the wood is stacked in basement it is a little damp, i always rotate my wood in the basement making sure it has been down there for at least a week to get the damp out of it. once the fire has burned down near to coals is when the flue temp drop's. at that point i have the flue all the way open, and the dampner opened all the way. i just started using rutland creosote powder cleaner. going to use it every week now took the plug out at the tee and looked up and seen what looked like creosote flaking off pipe inside. So i definitly have to sweep the chimmney out and keep up on creostoe cleaner every week. maybe the wood is getting to moisture through the tarps.
going to get better tarps, and recover. get a lot of wind up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.