New Englander 10-CPM Install with pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Presa canario

Hearth Supporter
Oct 6, 2009
Central, pa
Well I finally had it installed today. Here are some pictures of it up and running. Made the hearth pad (plywood/cement board/tile), and the extra screening on front is to ensure our daughter doesn't get too close.

The only problem is that I hear a "thud" noise right before the auger drops the pellets...... Is this normal???

Also are the 'start-up's' very loud until the stove goes to 'normal' operation?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 341
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 349
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 363
Yes, the "thud' you hear is actually the air pump sending a short burst through the ignitor tube to keep it clear. Especially important if you burn some high ash pellets or other bio-fuel.

The air pump is also what makes the noise in the begining.....it pumps continually to blow super heated air onto the pellets to light them. Compared to my Astoria, this stove starts-up much quicker.

I have gotten used to the air pump noise....don't even notice it any more.

BTW, thanks for the pics.....nice install, and glad you put some protection around the stove for the "little one". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.