New Englander 25-PUF 55-SHP240 55-TRP240

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cheapyoungbasterd

Oct 28, 2018
Hershey PA
Hello all,

I just wheeled and dealed and got a 25-PUF stove. For some reason I cannot get the stove to fire up on it's own. I have to choke the intake to bring more air through the igniter tube. Then it lights no problem. Also it seems to feed to fast and the burn pot gets full of ash in about 16 hours and requires it to be emptied. None seems to go into the ash pan on own.

Installation:
2008 manufacturer's date.
7 feet of 4" pipe and a 45 degree exhaust nozzle. 4 feet up then a 90 and 3 feet out. It's a basement install. I put a new blower on because the blower housing on it was very rusted and had a few holes around the motor mounting screws. I plan on changing the door gasket. My settings on the control board are 5 4 1 left to right. I saw something about putting the unit in D mode by holding the blower up and down arrows when you plug in the unit. It's in A but I can't seem to change it. I also have a 2 inch OAK installed.

It seems that even if the door gasket fixes the ignition. I'm still not sure what's up with the feed or how to change it. I have seen some models have a plate over the augers. I looked and mine does not. I feel like my ash pan situation has to do with my air deflector under my burn pot. Does anyone have a picture of how that's supposed to sit?
Even with the unit heat range at 1 and blower at 9 the pot fills up and the unit puts out a good amount of heat.

Any suggestions? The unit was used when I got it so I'm not 100% Sure if something wasn't broken when I got it.

The C & D settins are for the 25pdv and pdvc only. Your lower 3 settings can be adjusted to fine tune the stove but always keep the last setting on 1. Try changing them to 3 4 1 and see if that helps with the burn. The ash build up will drop when you get the fire burning right.

0D98330B-1FDE-4BC9-8511-3A918867087F.png

Reactions: Cheapyoungbasterd