New enviro settings.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Harman p-68a

Sep 22, 2012
Mannsville, ny
Good evening, have a brand new Enviro hooked up to a thermostat and was wondering what everyone ran the settings on , heat setting, etc . I am using energex softwood pellets and currently was running stove with thermostat and heat setting on 5.

Reactions: bostonfan49
The heat setting will depend on your installation and the quality of your pellets. You will have to see what works. I don't believe that hooking the stove up to a thermostat affects that.

In my particular case, we run the stove at the lowest heat setting, except on the coldest, windiest days of the year. Last year, we had to bump up the heat setting a few times, though not for very long. If your pellets give you a good burn, you can get away with a somewhat lower heat setting. In any case, if you make a change to a setting, be sure to wait about an hour to see what difference the change made, before making any further adjustments.

The manual is pretty thorough in its description of the possible modifications that can be made to the various settings (fan speed, auger speed, etc.)

Hi! I don’t see where you state which model Enviro you have...I agree with Conn/Yank, you can probably get comfortably by on a lower setting. I never go beyond a Heat Level of Setting 3. Also, in my humble opinion, Enviro Feed setting are useless as Setting 1 tends to drop more pellets then I need even if it’s bitter cold and I have to crank up the stove even more. Trial and error is your best bet! Good Luck...
Bill

Last edited:
Reactions: Harman p-68a