New Garn Resource

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drpolc

Hearth Supporter
Mar 26, 2008
Pennsylvania
For those considering a Garn boiler... I just wanted to let you know that Garn has recently put up a new website.
Enjoy!

I stumbled across it today. Very nice.

I'm trying to get them to bring one to the show in Essex Jct. Vermont.

Garn had a WHS 1500 at the New York State Farm Show a few weeks ago... VERY impressive product, inside and out... You know it's things like the welding inside and out, the teflon coating on the bottom of the tank... things you would never see or think about but that are huge when you think of product longevity and getting a return on your investment.

Oh yeah... and the door is really cool... it has the ability to be adjusted in and out and is somewhat spring loaded so that you always have a super tight seal... stuff you don't realize until you "play" with one. I guess I'm impressed by the little things.

I hope they bring one up so that you can have the "Garn" experience too.

I saw the display at the NYS Farm Show, too. Got me thinking.

Where are the Garn's produced. I read that they were developed in the US if I am right. But where are they made and/or distributed from? Out in the NE I'll bet.

Minnesota

Eric, is there a member list on this forum that is broken down by type of boiler (if any) and geography? For those of us who haven't made the plunge yet, it would be helpful to have such a list so that we could talk to the individual owners and maybe set up times to see their setups in action?

No. Sorry.

Currently the only actual Garn owner is TCaldwell from Connecticut. One member from central Wisconsin, Garnification, has a homemade one that looks almost better than the real thing.

Most of us have our rigs listed in our sigs. I don't think we have many members (in the Boiler Room, anyway) from your neck of the woods, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.