new gas valve set-up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

k0wtz

Nov 30, 2010
missouri
i am rebuilding a Vermont castings stove the former gas valve is no longer available so I am redoing it to a simplier gas valve.

the new one has of course the pilot line, the thermocouple but it has a capillary line. Can someone explain to me how this works and where to place the bulb?

thanks

bob

i am rebuilding a Vermont castings stove the former gas valve is no longer available so I am redoing it to a simplier gas valve.

the new one has of course the pilot line, the thermocouple but it has a capillary line. Can someone explain to me how this works and where to place the bulb?

thanks

bob
What brand and model of gas valve you bought ?

710 205 robertshaw. in looking at oven setups they bring it out the back. so I am thinking out the back on the vc stove?

thanks

bob

vista by esse picture.jpg white-gardner-bender-electrical-staples-ps-75-64_400_compressed.jpg vista by esse picture.jpg View attachment 219306 View attachment 219306 View attachment 219295 Mine is uro sit 630 valve. They are about the same hydraulic trmp. valve. Temp is 55-90 deg. Mine and yours. I had to go under stove and a way from stove. I mounted mine bulb on the wall. close to stove about 1 foot away. The heat from stove kept shuting off stove .room was still cold .I used 4 plastic romex cable ties took the nails out of 2 of them put 2 of them to stack on top did this on both so you have 2 drove the four nails in to the wall tided the bulb to the romex cable ties 2 space 4 or 5 inches apart with small zip ties. Has a air gap around the romex cable ties for room temp. not wall temp. Mine work great,View attachment 219295

ok I see that I don't think my temp valve is that long but I now understand the theory and how it works. I haven't fired up the stove yet waiting for the propane adapter. I will let you know how things work out.

thanks

bob