new here! - harman PP38+ noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petraki

Nov 29, 2013
us
first off, great site! been browsing around and there a lot of great info here!

i have a 2 knob model harman PP38+ and recently its been making a sqealing noise..i dont really wanna pay someone if i dont have to, i dont mind turning some tools to figure it out..

it seems related to the blower. when you turn the blower up it starts to squeal pretty loud....but it also seems to be coming from the fan on the lower backside of the stove....gets worse when the blower rate is increased, becomes more constant..

any help is greatly appreciated!

As you are facing the stove is is the squeal from the left or right side and is it the room blower knob ? Room blower is on lower right , easy to get to, and exhaust/combustion blower on lower left..

its from the left side if you are facing the stove. the noise seems to come on when the room blower knob is increased but i cant say if thats whats causing it. its a squeaking/whistly kinda sound...and pretty loud/high pitched..

How old is it?

its a few years now...maybe 5 or 7. it has only two knobs, one for blower (to blow air out into the room) and one for feed-rate.

Sounds like its the room blower fan if it changes with upper knob . There are 3 screws that hold the lower rear covers on, . I'll try to post a pic later. Does it make the noise when the auger turns?? Have to go get some pellets..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.