New Home - Advice Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gelert

Feb 27, 2022
Indiana
Hi all, would appreciate some advice regarding new home we are building. Want to have a vented gas fireplace with no glass. Originally we were planning to install an isokern firebox with an ecosteel flue, but unfortunately the required flue angle as designed is ~45 degrees, which I'm told is too high (30 degree max).

I've started to look at B vent options -- is that the best option, or is there something else I should consider? What I don't love about the b vent fireplaces is that the fireplace opening tends to be off the floor. Please let me know if there is a b vent solution that keeps the logs low.

THANK YOU