New Igniter not working P35i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

egmacrae

Nov 5, 2016
Vashon ,Washington
My 5 year old P35i wasn't igniting so I purchased new igniter. I tested it and it shows 47ohms. I saw in the wiring diagram that the igniter wires go to the relay on the pressure sensor. Could I need a new pressure sensor. Pellets are feeding ok.

Are the colors of the wiring in both igniters the same color?
If not, you may have to adjust the dipswitch settings...

My 5 year old P35i wasn't igniting so I purchased new igniter. I tested it and it shows 47ohms. I saw in the wiring diagram that the igniter wires go to the relay on the pressure sensor. Could I need a new pressure sensor. Pellets are feeding ok.

Yes, a failed pressure switch would prevent the igniter from getting current. You can try jumping it i.e. connect the two lead that go to it. Alternatively, if you have access to a Killawatt or similar watt meter you could see how much power is being drawn while the units is in ignition mode. My P43 draws ~ 385 watts when the igniter is powered up and less than 100 watts when it's not powered up.

Good luck

Hugh

Reactions: Ssyko and DAKSY
Make sure the cradle is aligned properly.
Does the burn pot get warm?

Are the colors of the wiring in both igniters the same color?
If not, you may have to adjust the dipswitch settings...
I have never heard of a dip switch setting for the igniter? Is that something new? If you are feeding pellets the vac switch is working. The vac switch breaks the neutral to igniter and auger motor. Is the igniter you bought a OEM Harman? if not you may have a junk chinese knock off