New Insert and Hearth/Surround Re-do

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
All electrical connections need to be readily available for service, Junction boxes need to accessible along with the plug for the insert.
Most inserts plug into an outlet next to the fireplace there are a few that hard wire in Lopi comes to mind usually flush mount but the electrical connections are accessible through a front cover.

Yes, that's the concern.

I see the air channels on the sides of the heat form but thought I needed to mount a receptacle through the steel firebox to plug the blower in to. Is that problematic other than cutting the steel?
I don't understand what you are asking. Is this blower for the insert or for the heat form?

For the heat form the blowers are typically hard wired.

For the insert unless allowed by the manufacturer that blower needs to be plugged into an accessable outlet in the room the stove is in.

I see the air channels on the sides of the heat form but thought I needed to mount a receptacle through the steel firebox to plug the blo
Edit…. Didn’t scroll far enough my reply was alread Posted

I don't understand what you are asking. Is this blower for the insert or for the heat form?

For the heat form the blowers are typically hard wired.

For the insert unless allowed by the manufacturer that blower needs to be plugged into an accessable outlet in the room the stove is in.
I wish I had better Sketchup skills. I want to power the insert blower from a “hidden” receptacle that I’d like to put in the heat form so no cords are visible once the insert Is in place. I am/was down to the studs on the project so now I’d the time to address electrical.

You have a whole host of items to check off before you need to worry about power to your insert blower. That will come in time. I have had plans for three years to do something like a conduit. Nope. Just just keep look at the cord and saying I should really make that look nicer.

I DO have a whole host of issues to address and apologize for the random walk I started. I’ll try and get more focused but wanted to be as educated as I can be once the pros start quoting the job.

I’m good with random. It’s good to be thinking about all sorts of things at this stage. Like where should that outlet for the insert be? I am going to want power to anything above the insert ect.