New insert and totally clueless

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

heavensheros

Jan 23, 2021
ms
become the owner of this country flame insert fire 350 bucks, don't know anything about it. sharing too clean it up and there Issa a playa that bolts to the top and I have no idea what it's for and sho I put thre opening tothe back or front, also how do I go about putting in a chimney liner to this. I don't see any way of attaching thew rectangles up circle adapter. any and all info would be awesome

20210122_202617.jpg 20210123_101030.jpg 20210123_115126.jpg 20210123_114816.jpg

Please go back to your original post & proofread it.
Then make the necessary corrections in order for us to
try and understand what you're telling us. Thanks.

became the owner of this country flame insert, don't know anything about it. starting to clean it up and there is a plate that bolts to the top inside the firebox and I have no idea what it's for and should I put the square notch to the back or the front? Also how do I go about attaching the rectangle to circle adapter for the chimney liner to the top, any and all info would be awesome

really butchered that post phew even I was confused

Judging by your picture it look like the notch goes to the rear. I would search online for a manual country flame was bought out years ago I believe by American Energy Systems. I would look on Rocky Mountain stove parts or Stove Parts Unlimited to seem if they have adapter. You may have to have one made.

Search keyword Insert "Boot" for the correct piece to bolt or screw to top over rectangular outlet connecting to liner.

You can tell by the ash on the firebox top which way the baffle plate goes by the clean looking notch towards the back.

Read lots here. You will get a good understanding what makes a stove work and be able to troubleshoot problems as they arise. It takes years to learn each stove, finding things that make it perform better and be happy with it.

thank you all for the help, got her installed and now to start the learning curve on how to get good burns with her. I saw another post on how I can add a catalyst and think I will do that. Also needs a new fan and insulation she vibrates something fierce.

Attachments

• 20210124_143632.jpg
    20210124_143632.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 101