New insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg101

Dec 28, 2015
Pa
Hi I am new to the site. I installed a century insert a couple years back and now on the Hunt for a larger insert with better burn times. The blaze king princess seems to have everything I want although a little pricey. I read the threads comparing secondary tubes to a cat and am set on getting a cat this time around. Does anyone have any experience with the high valley 2500 insert? I can't find many reviews online. I really like the BK but trying not to break the bank.

There aren't many High Valley owners here. I saw them at HPBA. Looked reasonably well made, but nothing special. Buck and Appalachian inserts are mentioned more often. Blaze King appears to have the best track record for long burns.

There aren't many High Valley owners here. I saw them at HPBA. Looked reasonably well made, but nothing special. Buck and Appalachian inserts are mentioned more often. Blaze King appears to have the best track record for long burns.
Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the buck 91 also. I already have an insulated 6" chimney liner pulled. It appears that the high valley can be switched to a 6" flue. Would I be able to reduce the buck from 8" to 6"?

Status
Not open for further replies.