New Lopi Answer review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jaison

Dec 2, 2022
Connecticut
Heating
Installed in February, been burning with it for the last two months on the cold days. I heat the main floor (680 sqft) and the upstairs (700 sqft) with it pretty well, with the 10-15 degree days we had keeping the living room at 75 degrees, and the rest of the floor around the same and the upstairs approximately 68.

Burning
I would consider myself running this stove near 24/7 on the weeks it is cold. Although it’s a small insert I make it work. My wife runs it while I’m at work during the week. On the coldest days, about two hours between reloads to keep the heat going once the wood burns down to coals. For the overnight burn I’ve been packing it real tight around 10pm during weekends, 12am during the week when I get home from work. Sometimes I’ll have enough hot coals to get it started without help, not all the time, doesn’t bother me too much. I would’ve went bigger if I was able to, though.

Overall I’m pleased with the performance of the stove, all the wood I used this year was pretty dry, about a cord given to me by my father about 14-20% moisture tested by resplitting a piece of wood and checking the split face. I’m hoping this next winter works out as smoothly.

13A4C283-AD83-40C5-A3E2-CE1083F2E549.jpeg E97158EE-F1BB-485E-BCA3-F506DCAA7E98.jpeg 1C009269-F2C7-4C62-A3FC-A5995C7B7A1E.jpeg

Reactions: begreen