new member new quadra fire classic bay 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steamer454

Dec 26, 2009
nw ohio
Hi I installed this unit on12-23 we looked at alot of stoves at alot of stores. We finally bought the qf very nice quality. I will add corn when I can find a local farmer to buy from. This stove really put out the heat we have a 3year old cape with 2200 sq ft 1500 down. Right now we are burning economy pellets we got from dealer around 40 pds in 22 to 26 hrs. I like how this unit cycles just like our furnace. We live in the country and propane was costing us around 1600 to 1900 a year. I believe with the tax credit and lower cost this stove will pay for its self the first yr. We are now keeping temp around 72* with propane 67* finally it comfortable in our house. Will try premium pellets and corn soon very pleased in ohio. :)

stove is made by hearth and home technologies same company that make harman. I wanted a wood stove but at 50 didnt think i wanted to mess with all the work. I really do like the warmer heat.

It's been said in many threads before but I will say it again. If you don't have pics, it didn't get installed. Post a few. I also have the CB1200 and love the thing. With the warmer temps here in southern new england, I have turned my down to the low setting and it's keeping the house at the 70 °F range with no proplems. Enjoy.

steamer454 said:
Hi I installed this unit on12-23 we looked at alot of stoves at alot of stores. We finally bought the qf very nice quality. I will add corn when I can find a local farmer to buy from. This stove really put out the heat we have a 3year old cape with 2200 sq ft 1500 down. Right now we are burning economy pellets we got from dealer around 40 pds in 22 to 26 hrs. I like how this unit cycles just like our furnace. We live in the country and propane was costing us around 1600 to 1900 a year. I believe with the tax credit and lower cost this stove will pay for its self the first yr. We are now keeping temp around 72* with propane 67* finally it comfortable in our house. Will try premium pellets and corn soon very pleased in ohio. :)

Hey steamer...... "Welcome Aboard' .... we put our 1200 through the paces last winter (and it was extremely cold here in Canada) and it never once let us down... sitting in front of it now with my laptop enjoying the nice view and heat. I posted a thread 2 days ago looking for anyones past repairs specifically on the igniter but no one chimed in with anything to worry about........ so its track record seems good....... we really enjoy ours and it has been trouble free so far..... anyway, welcome again and a big "Merry Christmas" from us up here in Canada....... cc :) ......KEEP WARM!!!

Congrats on the install Steamer.....can't wait for the pics!!

Enjoy the heat!

It is a very good stove. I really like the unit and it does look good. Good luck.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.