• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gmaxed

Mar 5, 2017
West VIrginia
hello all, this is my first post on this site so if I'm in the wrong place with this I'm sorry. I'm about 75% done building a new wood gasifacion boiler and trying to find a controller to handle the fan and water temp. .I want to have the fan startup to ramp up not just start at full power and slow down when close to upper temp. I was looking at a rk2001ua but don't know if it's what I need or not. This is the second boiler I've built. The first one burns coal and is controlled from an aquastat.So the find comes on and off at full speed. Any helpfull idea's?

you can look to Seimens Logo controllers, simple, fairly cheap, reliable, and easy to program, and lots of accessories.
otherwise, arduino controls can do about anything, if you can take the time to learn to program them.