New old stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LarsFillmore

Nov 5, 2021
Eastern Pennsylvania
Mod note: Moved to Classics Forum:

Can't tell you much about them. I just picked up this place a few months ago and this came with it. I cleaned the chimney and all the cans and trash that were piled inside of it and had a few burns it. Seems to do a good job of heating up my 1,200 sq foot place. Found you Googling information on the thing, doesn't seem to be a lot out there. Managed to get a 5 hour burn out of it, but I'm pretty green with a wood stove. If anyone has any info or advice, love to hear it myself. Is it ugly? yes, but it does get the job done.

viw2.JPG viw1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
As a fraidy cat who has used steel chimneys his entire life I would have that masonry chimney inspected inside and out (including how it ties in to the house structure) because I’d want be sure it was truly safe.
As for the rest, the old stove looks good. Plenty of general advice here on burning and maintaining.

Reactions: clancey