New pellet user

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abates

Jan 17, 2007
I discovered this site last winter and picked it up again this winter. We were needing some additional heat in our house so I had been watching pellet stoves on ebay, I had no experience with one and there are very very few in my region. I had looked at them at a few different stores in another city and liked the principle of using a pellet stove, but new ones were out of our range and used ones didnt exist. I walked into lowes last week and all winter items were 50% off, so I purchased a new Englander model 55-shp10l for $524.50. I have used it two nights and I do like it. I would like to hear from other owners of this stove to see if there are things I should know about, I would also like to know if the fire should be constantley the same size or if it is normal for it to burn down very low and then get large again as the pellets feed into the pot.
Thanks everyone.

There should be some pellet burners along to advise you. A great source of information is to call that 800 number on your users manual. The guys at England's Stove Works will pretty much tell you anything you want to know about running the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.