new spliter today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Went to tractor supply this morning and bought a 25 ton log spliter. I give $850 plus tax! now to try it out.

I went and got this one at Menards.

f17c052a2716d4d17853fa6957b9c7a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 8a28bf1d7435ee48baccb8052d9a509a.jpg
    8a28bf1d7435ee48baccb8052d9a509a.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
where is that at ? that's a real bargain !

where is that at ? that's a real bargain !
Menards. If you've never heard of them, they're a chain based in Wisconsin with stores in several Midwest states. Similar to Home Depot/Lowes.

I shop there all the time, I didn't see the flyer though. they don't come with oil for hydraulics or motor, but still a great deal.

That is a very good price. Look forward to an assembly and use report. Very good deal!

One I bought came assembled. Not sure if the one at menards comes assembled or not. Just split half a cord, works great !
Edit. I see it doesn't from the picture. didn't notice that pic before.

Yeah mine was not assembled. Assembly was quite simple though. I have it all ready to go now. Haven't fired it up yet...wife works overnights and she's sleeping.

I've been looking for a splitter for a while. all the people around here are selling old used beat up ones for 500 or 600 hundred so I think we did pretty good.

I've been looking for a splitter for a while. all the people around here are selling old used beat up ones for 500 or 600 hundred so I think we did pretty good.
I've been looking for a while too. Had my eye on the one at TSC but I couldn't pass up the deal at Menards. I think the full beam is probably a little better design, but this one seems to be well built too. Some splitters I've looked at had no-name Chinese engines on them, that's what I didn't want. This one has a B&S engine.

Here's mine all assembled and ready to go.

157f969edb65eaa91f9d263604c0d184.jpg

Follow the maintenance schedule and change that oil at 5 hours

that thing looks great. More pics please when you get time. Do break in the motor, warm it up easy, and heat cycle it a few times, put it under a load after 10 minutes, but don't over-work it for the first couple of hours. I go to Rotella T on my first oil change after a couple of hours.

Let us know how it works for ya.

I go to Rotella T on my first oil change after a couple of hours.
Rotella T 5-40 synthetic? I ask because I have a gallon left over from my old F250 6.0 diesel, I could finally use that

Rotella T 5-40 synthetic? I ask because I have a gallon left over from my old F250 6.0 diesel, I could finally use that
Rotella T6 5W-40 synthetic is an excellent oil for small engines. I use it in all my OPE and ATVs. Regular Rotella T in 10W-30 or 15W-40 is a pretty good small engine oil as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: D8Chumley
Rotella T6 5W-40 synthetic is an excellent oil for small engines. I use it in all my OPE and ATVs. Regular Rotella T in 10W-30 or 15W-40 is a pretty good small engine oil as well.

What he said. Rotella T 15-40 is what I use in the summer for the first couple of oil changes, 10-30 if you're using it in the cold. After 15 tanks of fuel or so, I go to Rotella T6 5-40 synthetic, once the rings are fully seated. I like it as it can handle heat a little better, and these little air cooled motors can get hot in the summer when working them hard. My motors tend to burn less oil, and last longer than most folks from ideal break ins, and then good attention with great oil. I also warm my motors up a few minutes before revving them up and putting a load on them. Take care.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.