New Stove Auger not moving shows S U in display

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SandInMaheye said:
Well that was a short lived victory. i was told to do the dry run, which i did and the auger was moving during that. BUT as soon as I put pellets in, it stopped. I cleaned it out made sure their was nothing stuck started again. Stopped again once pellets were in. Why would this happen? I only have so many more days off I can use to try and fix this thing.

Is the auger not moving but the motor is turning? If this is the case the coupling between the auger and motor is likely not lined up right and the set screw isn't against the flat portion of the auger or motor shaft.

If the motor also isn't turning the auger could be way out of alignment such that any pellet jams the works up.

Check the instructions for replacing your auger motor and or auger.

pm me your contact info, along with what time you are available around the stove , i may be able to call early or late as i usually arrive early at work and generally im late getting out of there in the evenings due to paperwork and such, tomorrow i will not be in the office late however as i have an appointment. anyway , shoot me that info in a pm and i'll see if i can work around your work hours if possible to get you up and running. this has gone on too long already

Status
Not open for further replies.