new stove in the back of the truck.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sourbeer

Hearth Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
MD
feels sorta like christmas to me and I can't wait to hook up the new stove and make some coals. It all started last night when I was in the local Home Depot. They had the Englander 30 that I had read about here and was considering if they marked them down appropriately for end of season clearance. I talked to the manager and the best they could do was 900.00 which wasn't enough for me at this point. when i got home, i looked on the Lowes site and found several stoves in stores within 1.5 hours drive for $549.50. I called a store and they put my name on the last one that they had and put it in the back. I actually checked back with a Home Depot this morning near my work and the manager would NOT consider matching the deal on the same stove. His argument was that they weren't the same stove and that they were on clearance. I went up and picked it up tonight after work. 3.5 cubic feet firebox should give me the extra heat that I was looking for as well as longer burn times. I'm currently heating my house 2300 square feetish with a Jotul 118cb. Requires a lot of frequent feeding and no ash drawer. I read a bunch of information here and was really leaning towards a PE T6 or summit but decided that I'd jump on the Englander 30 (Summers Heat) if the clearance deal presented itself. So, I hope to get a couple friends lined up to unload this thing and get it in my house (put the legs on it) and get it on my hearth. Out to the garage with the Jotul for now, it has been a fine stove and I'll not sell it til I'm sure that the new stove will do a better job.

Seems that they were selling out at most of the Lowes that had them in stock, so if you are in the market, you had better do your homework. I found the Lowes website very helpful in my search, finding stores that listed it in stock and then following up with a call. Pennsylvania stores is where I mostly found the few stoves that I located. I think Pottsville or Pottstown had inventory as of this afternoon. I got the last one from Lebanon PA.

From what I've read here, you'll be very happy with that beast. It's apparently a heating machine!

I'm heating about 1200 sq feet with the 30's little brother (the englander 13). Great stove, paid $799 online
so you definitely got a good deal.

Keep posting about those MASSIVE savings!!!!!!
Brother Bart really likes to read about them. ;)

I've got about 2500sf, and it's a little drafty in places with spotty insulation. We've had some space heaters in the kids bedrooms on the colder (sub 10 degree) nights as they are up stairs and down a hall from the stove. Other than that, I've been very happy with the 30. I spent $450/mo. last winter to heat the place with propane. I kicked the furnace on for a cycle at the beginning of the heating season just to make sure it worked, and haven't turned it on since. You'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.