new stove installed today/quick question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glassman

Nov 7, 2008
northern lower michigan
I have a pellet stove installed today, the fireplace company went over everything with me cleaning, starting etc. The brand name is lennox winslow, I think he said model p-40 and it says country on the side. The installer got everything going before I left to play tennis tonight. I left at 5 pm, just got back before 9. There is a slight smell of smoke in the air when I got home, the fire pot where the pellets are dropped is out. I set my furnace thermostat at 64* before leaving, it read 65* when I got home. There are 3 lights in the control box, igniting, ready and feeding, then there is a start button underneath the feeding button. The ready is flashing red right now. When I left the feeding light was green. Is there an automatic thermostat on this? I did not ask installer, if anyone knows about this model, I would appreciate feedback. thanks in advance

One more thing, the stove was still slightly warm to the touch when I got home, it is cooler now, and the fan is still running. The stove has cooled off in the last 20 minutes. The stove was also on #1 the lowest setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.