New (to me) Fisher Fireplace Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyleacher

Oct 13, 2016
Charleston, TN
In my spare time I have been cleaning up this Fisher Fireplace Insert. It is awesome! Here are some before and after pics.

I always new I wanted a Fisher. My dad has used a mama bear in the basement all my life. He runs it hard and the heat unit rarely comes on during the winter.

I used this forum to reference all the restoration steps. All of you are AWESOME! Coaly, you should make a fisher forum YouTube channel. There are very few Fisher Videos on there.

Thanks for all of your help!

Before:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Bringing in the beast!

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

Is there a liner hooked to it?

Is there a liner hooked to it?

Not yet. I plan on buying one though. I have a clay 12"x12" liner and i definitly loose a lot of my heat up the chimney.

I wish I had found this forum when we were building this house. I would have installed the insulated liner then. Unfortunately, my chimney is super high so it looks like I will have to buy at least 20 something feet.

My bad. Too late. I could not resist seeing it burn. I will wait to burn more after I buy a liner and a boot within the next month or two.
good especially if it is a new chimney you dont want to make a mess of it before you get the liner in there

Do me a favor and post a pic of your boot that you buy and how you modified it to fit the stove.. Thanks
You really don't need a boot for these stoves just an appliance adapter with notches in it to allow the bar for the damper to pass thru it.

I have a very similar insert… made in 1981 Fisher honey bear fireplace insert. Square opening on top for flue pipe, glass and brass doors. I slammed it in and lit a fire like you did. Now i'm learning how bad that is and searching for adapters and flue, etc. Trying to figure out if I have to take out the damper on my fireplace, emailing Coaly who is being very helpful. Really want to get this thing hooked up right and trying to figure out how to do that is not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.