New to stoves in general

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nu2pelletz

Feb 22, 2018
PA
So I have a Tri-Star 25-5670 AKA Englander 25-PDVC 98 model I bought from someone and it keeps shutting down every 30 minutes on the dot. So what I’m wondering is the room air blower motor kinda works but not really and would that cause the stove to sit off completely and if not than what would because when it’s running it works great but I can’t sit down there and turn it back on every 30 minutes any help would be amazing!!

Attachments

• 54727675-1FB5-4B15-A2F2-2A40B62D9B18.jpeg
    54727675-1FB5-4B15-A2F2-2A40B62D9B18.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 95
Yes. If you’re not getting the heat out of the stove and into the room then it’s gonna overheat and trip the limit switch

Okay so to test it I plugged it into the upper auger spot and it spins fine does this mean that I have a board problem or is it still the motor?

Anyone that could help with this would be great! Because now I spliced it into the exhaust motor to have the room air keep it cool and it is still shutting down after 30 minutes

Put it back on its own wires. Doubling it with the combustion blower could put excessive amp draw on the circuit and fry the board. If the motor is original. Get a new one its gotta be tired. It may run but its probably not up to its peak. If you dont get the heat out of the exchanger it will continue to shut down

Okay so I got everything figured out so far the problem was the temp sensor on the fire box haha now my Big question is my flame on one and two seems to be going towards the window on the door instead of going straight up. and when I put it on 3 and up flame goes straight up like it’s supposed to I have it on factory settings 6-4-1 and can’t figure this out for the life of me I’d like to run it on one or two but with the flame not going up there isn’t enough heat it seems like

Here is the best photo I could get but it’s just barley above the burn pot and most of the flame is going towards the door and all gaskets are in great shape and I cleaned everything so this is where the pros can chime in please!!

Attachments

• E89277C1-3A8F-459C-A12C-637F584FCABF.jpeg
    E89277C1-3A8F-459C-A12C-637F584FCABF.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 91
Your flame going towards the window is normal to a degree. How are your hopper lid gaskets? Auger bearing seals? If they leak air, that will push the flame towards the window big time. If you run it on 1 or 2 you can adjust the bottom settings to keep a good busy flame. Always leave the “air on temp” setting on 1! I run mine on 2 with the bottom 3 set at 2-1-1 but my pot has been modified.

Yes it is most likely the hopper gasket it has a large chunk that’s all frayed. I’ll get one Thursday and give it a shot hopefully that helps because I feel like the flame should be much larger aka btu’s Lost so I’ll get that and report back when I change that