New to the Forum and Pellet stoves! Need some help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

My wife and I recently purchased a home with a pellet stove. Unfortunately for me I know nothing about them. I do know it was installed in 2000. It appears to be a Whitfield Traditions P11. I can't seem to find anything really indepth online. I got it fired up and it does work but I have no room air fan. So I am guessing that is shot? So does anyone have any parts diagrams? Also where would that fan be located? Where exactly does the air blow out of from the stove? Otherwise this stove seems to work ok. I am very excited and really looking forward to using it to supplement my heat if not make primary heat this winter. Thank you for taking to time to respond! I appreciate it!

Welcome to the forum, is a Whitfield Traditions P11 identical to a Lennox Traditions T300P ? I hope so. I have a pdf of the owners/installation manual for a T300P . Too large to attach here, but if you're interested, I can e-mail it to you. In a PM you can send me your emailaddress.
On page 28 there's a wiring diagram and on pages 29-30 some troubleshooting hints. Unfortunately a striking room fan ( convection fan ) is not mentioned in these hints.
If your stove is the same as a T300P, you have some handy voltage test ports on the bottom of the control panel ( under a plastic lid ). With a voltmeter you could take a reading of the voltage fed to the room blower... if it is present there, and the blower not running, you have either a broken wiring or faulty blower motor. There's a thermal protection inside the motor in thermal contact with the copper windings that could have failed ( stuck open ).
Note: The voltages on the test ports are close to line voltage! Take care when measuring. If you don't feel safe with this, please ask a more experienced to do this.

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new house and pay attention to Stovensen's advice ! ... he and Snowy Rivers are the resident gurus on Whitfield stoves.
http://woodpelletheat.com/T300P-2Manual.pdf

Unplug stove when cleaning/working in the cabinet. Can troubleshoot the blower with an electrical cord ...

Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.