New to wood burning with a Meridian Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sowamazing

Dec 23, 2021
Rhode Island
Good morning!!
I am new to wood burning and am trying to learn how to heat my house with our two Meridian potbelly stoves.
I ordered a pallet of Envi8 blocks and I was told these would be the best for long burn time and overnight burning, however I still wake up to a cold house. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm making sure the flue isn't wide open and I keep the door closed, but I can't seem to heat for very long.
I asked the gentleman who delivered the blocks how many to start with and he said one, so I did one and then loaded 3 and I still don't have a long burn time.

We had our stoves inspected a few weeks ago and the previous home owner used these to heat the whole house in the winter so I don't know what I'm doing wrong!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!