New Vapor fire has arrived.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mainer10

Dec 11, 2011
Midcoast Maine
Been awhile since I have posted, but my new Vapor fire has arrived!!!! I just cannot believe how compact the unit is. Outside is some minor shipping damage, I am so excited.

This upcoming weekend I start the installation process hoping it goes smooth. My focus is getting the old furnace out and the Vapor fire in. Hook up the stove pipe to the chimney. Hook the hot air plenum and connect to duct work. Set up the electric. The last step is rebuilding of the cold air intake, but that is low priority given I can take in cold air from the basement.

Trying to get it done as quick and smooth as I can since we have had some chilly mornings.

Reactions: JRHAWK9
Congrats!
These threads are incomplete without pics... ;) >>
What is it replacing?
Just FYI, if your heat load is high then hooking up the cold air return can be the difference between getting the job done, and not.

Congrats!
These threads are incomplete without pics... ;) >>
What is it replacing?
Just FYI, if your heat load is high then hooking up the cold air return can be the difference between getting the job done, and not.
Sorry, I only have one good picture of the Vapor fire the rest were the damaged locations.

Heat load right now is only an occasional morning fire if it is cold. I am only saying this as I assume it will take more then one day to get it installed and in the event it is cold in the morning I am hoping to be able to run some heat. I fully plan on completing the cold air return, but it requires a higher level of renovation, which takes more time.

It is replacing Benjamin FS-140, which getting out is going to be a task given the size and weight.

A686052B-3CE5-4F51-9234-8366B2F08F5F.jpeg

Reactions: lampmfg