newbie. have a few questions whitfeld cascade.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spoolie25

Oct 18, 2017
north nj
hi guys. i am new to pellete stoves. its a cascade bought in 2011 and came with a house i just bought. lets start off the pellets are stove chow from homedept. i have about 3 inches of ash. in the stove it self not the ash pan. with only two bags of pellets so far? the flame seems very high on low with the lowest feed for pellets and the dampner open about an inch. i also get a low whistle that comes and goes and when that happens the flame seems to flare up pretty good. it seems when i close the dampnerthe flame does not change that much compaired to when it all the way open? do i not have enough pellets being feed. the feed rate is at its lowest setting. sorry for all the questions. and thank you for your time reading and responding!!!