Newbie Question re automatic on off on Haromn Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenalmond

Jul 25, 2008
Boston MA
Hello I have hopefully a simple question about automatic timers on pellet stoves.

I am waiting for a December delivery of a Harmon Accentra freestanding stove and my question is on running it.

My current idea is to have it on only for part of the day (my wife and I both work and the house is empty between 8am and 5pm) apart from the dog who has the thickest fur I have ever seen. I have read several posts on pros and cons on this but my question is does the Harmon Accentra allow you to set specific times to swtich on and off like the programable thermostat?

Just FYI we are only planning on the pellet stove for supplemental heat on the first floor where we spend most of our free time. The rest of the house is oil heat and zoned so we can control temp.

I was not able to get a definitive answer on the internet.

Thanks

Glenalmond,

Here is the link to the Harman Accentra user manual:

Accentra manual

I have a Harman Advance. Looking at you manual, the controls look just like mine. The stove does not have a programmable timer or similar thermostat. It uses a probe to sense the tempature in the room, along with a tempature setting on the control panel that lets the stove know when to cut back, or shut off. Read the manual starting on page 4 or 5 to get a feel for how this works. There is nothing that you can program for time-of-day though.

Glen,

See the post called "Timer or remote thermostat for a Harman Advance stove?"

That thread had a link that a member posted that has instructions for integrating a thermostat with a Harman.

Status
Not open for further replies.