Newby looking for a stove - Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TexasRancher

Nov 21, 2021
Texas
Hi everyone, just joined this forum. We just put a new 2,400 sqr ft mobile on our property and are looking for a wood stove to put in it. I am guessing this has been asked a ton on here but I didn’t see a thread on it so here goes. Any advice from people with more experience than us would be great. TIA

• 2,400 sqr ft mobile
  • Will be burning mostly Oak as it is plentiful on our property
  • A cook top (or flat top that I can cook on) is a must
  • A secondary warming shelf would be great but not a deal killer
  • Draft control? I don’t see any info on this on the listings but saw somewhere where it helps control the smoke while lighting the stove?
  • Target price: around $1,200 - $1,500
  • The wife prefers the pedestal style for looks and height
  • Would like one that either has a blower or can add one
  • Large viewing window preferable
  • Prefer something I can put as close to a wall as possible in a corner but also not a deal killer
I would appreciate any recommendations on a stove that would fit the bill

Last edited:
At that price look at the Englander 32-NC, Drolet Myriad III and Drolet HT3000. If the flue system will be less than 16 ft from stove top to chimney cap, then scratch the Englander.