Next Thing Ya KNOW!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Icemanxxxv

Oct 20, 2014
Smithville MO USA
Jed's a Millionaire, but seriously folks dig this. I live in KC MO Accentra 52I with an OAI kit. Second full season of operation. approximately 3 tons through it this season. Full clean every 21 to 30 days of operation 3 times so far this burn season. Operating in Room Temp Mode Full Hot. Feed Rate 4. Temp set to approximate 72 Degrees. The house will be cruising along just fine when the Room Temp Probe calls for heat the stove will just run partially burnt pellets off the edge of the burn pot. When it gets into the teens at night/day it will gush pellets off the end of the burn pot. Does it when it is clean or in between cleanings. Kind of makes you go Hmmmmm?

I would turn down the feed rate. I keep mine at 3. The pellets will burn hotter further back in the pot.